In some cases, we earn commissions from affiliate links in our posts.
Fans of the Agatha Raisin television series will likely know that the first feature-length episode of Series 3 premiered back in October. The remaining episodes were slated for “sometime in early 2020”, but there hasn't been a date – until now.
When Does Agatha Raisin Season 3 Premiere?
In the US and Acorn TV's many other territories, Season 3 premiered on October 28th. Episodes 2, 3, and 4 will then be released on February 10th, 17th, and 24th. As Acorn TV has commissioned these episodes, they'll be the exclusive outlet for the world premiere.
In the UK, we're guessing Sky One will have Season 3, as they were the ones to air Season 2. We've not seen any official word on that, though, so no promises.
What's Happening in Season 3 of Agatha Raisin?
We've included everything we know about the upcoming episodes below.
Agatha Raisin & the Haunted House
Inspired by all the murders she's been solving, Agatha decides to open a detective agency with James Lacey. Unfortunately, her London PR skills don't seem to have transferred well to detective life, and they struggle to get any clients. Rather than throwing in the towel, James suggests they investigate a local house known to be haunted…and as one might expect, they get more than they bargained for.
The Deadly Dance
Though an official synopsis hasn't yet been released, the book version sees Agatha coming to terms with the reality of a PI firm in the Cotswolds – old ladies whose cats go missing and people whose kids run off with their cars. When a wealthy woman's daughter receives a death threat and is subsequently attacked at a dance, she realises she's got a real case on her hands.
Agatha Raisin & the Love from Hell
Again, there's no official synopsis, but if it's anything like the book, this one will find Agatha and James not entirely pleased with each other and their relationship. When James disappears after a row at the local pub, Agatha will need to solve the case to clear her name. Of course, it won't help when James's suspected mistress turns up dead…
As the Pig Turns
As with the other unreleased episodes, we've not yet seen an official synopsis. In the book, this one takes place in the Cotswold village of Winter Parva after a disappointing Christmas season. To brighten spirits, the village decides to put on a January event with costumes, Morris dancers, and a pig roast on the village green. Unfortunately, an eagle-eyed Agatha notices the “pig” has a very human-looking tattoo…
Catch Up Before the Agatha Raisin Season 3 Premiere…
Since we've still got about 2 months until the new episodes start coming out, that gives you plenty of time to get caught up if you're not familiar with the series.
There are 9 episodes from Season 1 to watch, 3 movies in Season 2, and if you're feeling really ambitious, you could start in on the novels. We've listed them all below, including the series they correspond to.
- Watch Series 1 of Agatha Raisin on Acorn TV: Click here for Acorn TV | Click here for Acorn on Amazon
- Watch Series 2 of Agatha Raisin on Acorn TV: Click here for Acorn TV | Click here for Acorn on Amazon
- Read the books here:
- The Quiche of Death – Series 1
- The Vicious Vet – Series 1
- The Potted Gardener – Series 1
- The Walkers of Dembley – Series 1
- Agatha Raisin and the Murderous Marriage – Series 1
- Agatha Raisin and the Terrible Tourist
- Agatha Raisin and the Wellspring of Death – Series 1
- Agatha Raisin and the Wizard of Evesham – Series 2
- Agatha Raisin and the Witch of Wyckhadden
- Agatha Raisin and the Fairies of Fryfam – Series 2
- Agatha Raisin and the Love from Hell – Series 3
- Agatha Raisin and the Day the Floods Came – Series 1
- Agatha Raisin and the Case of the Curious Curate – Series 2
- Agatha Raisin and the Haunted House – Series 3
- The Deadly Dance – Series 3
- The Perfect Paragon
- Love, Lies, and Liquor
- Kissing Christmas Goodbye
- A Spoonful of Poison
- There Goes the Bride
- Busy Body
- As the Pig Turns – Series 3
- Hiss and Hers
- Something Borrowed, Someone Dead
- The Blood of an Englishman
- Dishing the Dirt
- Pushing Up Daisies
- The Witches Tree
- The Dead Ringer
- Beating About the Bush (NEW RELEASE, NOW AVAILABLE)
- There are also a couple of shorter titles…
- And a BBC radio series with Penelope Keith as Agatha…
Will You be Watching Season 3 of Agatha Raisin?
Will you be tuning in for the new season in February?
After founding I Heart British TV in 2016 as a resource for her granny, Stefanie has grown I Heart British TV into a resource that serves millions of British TV fans every year. When not writing posts or editing contributions to the site, you can probably find her working on the latest print edition of the British TV Streaming Guide.